Thursday, December 30, 2010

My standard .hgignore

One of the things that I do as soon as I am starting on a new project is create either a Git or Mercurial repository for the project.  At the moment I tend to be using Mercurial more that Git, because bitbucket offerss free private repositories.

One of the things you want to do when setting up the repository is add an ignore file so that you don’t add build artefacts and other user specific files to the repository.  You don’t want to add these files as everyone that works on the project will be constantly changing these files which will pollute your history with lots of unnecessary changes that don’t really effect the project at all. 

I thought I might share my current default .hgignore file with you all.  I am curious what other people have in theirs.

# use glob syntax.
syntax: glob

*.suo
*\bin\*
*\Bin\*
*\obj\*
*\_ReSharper*
*.ReSharper.user
glob:Source/Shell/publish/
*.csproj.user
*\TestResult.xml
*.csproj.VisualState.xml
*\App_Data\*

No comments:

Post a Comment